If the registered owner of the property the place upgrades have been made will not be the utility account holder (e.g. landlord/tenant) the owner will need to have the account holder full the Utility Account Holder Consent form. 4. Applications have to be submitted within six months of the paid bill date. 3. The house must be a 12 months-spherical major residence no less than 12 months old and be both a single-household, duplex, triplex, row residence, townhouse or mobile house on a everlasting foundation. New development, additions and garage upgrades should not eligible. 5. Rebates can’t exceed the paid price on the invoice. 6. Just one rebate per dwelling for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.1 Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
View full normal eligibility requirements.
Furnace and thermostat particular requirements
1. All upgrades must be put in by a Technical Security BC licensed contractor with a GST quantity and a sound BC business license for the trade relevant to the improve being put in. Self-installations aren’t eligible. A photo of the 2-pipe direct vent system (pattern 1, sample 2) should be made accessible upon request. 5. The brand new furnace should undergo commissioning to ensure it’s put in and operating in response to greatest apply. 3. Guarantee replacements or emergency replacements of space heating methods not in working order or deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor usually are not eligible for rebates. 6. To be eligible for the connected thermostat rebate, the qualifying thermostat should be put in by your licensed gas contractor at the identical time as the brand new, qualifying furnace. For more data, see our info sheet: 5 things to know earlier than your new high-efficiency furnace is put in. 2. The furnace should be replacing an current natural gasoline primary1 house heating system that’s a minimum of 10 years previous. A copy of the accomplished commissioning sheet have to be made available upon request. 4. You could install an eligible Power STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system. Converting from electricity isn’t eligible. Observe: Properties changing from oil or propane may be eligible for Hook up with gas rebates.
Evaluate the terms and situations
for invoices dated on or after October 1, 2022
for invoices dated earlier than October 1, 2022
Rebate eligible furnaces
Ensure the pure gas furnace you’re planning to purchase is eligible for a rebate by utilizing our search tool. Enter a producer or mannequin number to begin your search. Only models listed right here qualify.
Notice: some results may embody an asterisk “*” in place of characters. As lengthy as the characters before and after the asterisk match your model number, your model is eligible.
Please enter a producer or mannequin quantity.
Vitality STAR Related Thermostats
Furnace Producer Linked Thermostats
How to use
1. Buy an eligible Power STAR furnace and have it put in with a two-pipe direct vent system by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a legitimate GST number. You can discover a contractor by looking out our online directory.
2. Apply on-line. Your software should embody:
– a duplicate of your paid invoice exhibiting details of:
– all work performed
– buy date
– make and model number
– installation permit quantity and the fuel contractor’s Technical Security BC licence quantity (see the sample invoice for specific necessities.
3. Purposes might take as much as 90 days to course of. These site visits are carried out by a third-get together contractor and assist us improve our rebate packages. A small percentage of candidates may be requested for permission to go to their residence to confirm the installation and operation of their new furnace.
Observe: the rebate utility hyperlink below takes you to Account login. Hint: we recommend utilizing Google Chrome® for the perfect experience. As soon as you have registered and/or logged in you can begin your rebate software.
Begin your rebate utility
For more recommendations on utilizing the online rebate software, read our how-to guide.
Incentives for gas contractors
Contractors who want to participate in our Furnace Alternative Program can receive a $a hundred incentive for each permitted buyer utility.
Contractors are required to conform to phrases and situations and adjust to requirements within the Excessive-effectivity furnace set up information for present homes.
Third-celebration affords and services
Ecolighten Vitality Solutions and IOE Consulting
As we work to constantly enhance our applications, we will likely be asking a small proportion of candidates to supply entry to their home to confirm the set up and operation of their new furnace. This work is being carried out by certainly one of our third-celebration contractors:
Ecolighten Energy Options
The location go to could also be carried out either in-person or nearly utilizing an app akin to FaceTime or Google Hangouts. Their staff additionally carry photograph ID badges figuring out them as FortisBC contractors. Ecolighten and IOE workers will always call upfront to ebook a site visit appointment with you.
Ensure a high quality furnace installation
Having your high-effectivity heating system put in to high quality requirements can assist provide you with years of consolation and energy financial savings. Take a look at these assets to learn extra:
– Watch our short video to study what high quality set up requirements are and the way to choose a natural gasoline contractor.
– Overview our information sheet: Five issues to know before your new high-effectivity furnace is put in.
We’re here to help
If you have questions about rebates, contact us online or call us at 1-855-909-2329.
1 A major area heating system is a furnace, boiler, combination system or an air source heat pump. Natural gas fireplaces are thought of secondary space heating techniques. Major house heating and water heater rebates are offered together with BC Hydro and CleanBC Higher Properties rebates.